Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 1 - 2 Bashley

Home | 24 February 2018 | Attendance: 70
A very flat and a very undesirable home performance from the Creeksiders resulted in them falling to a 2-1 defeat at Cams Alders against Bashley.

Ethan Jones went close early on with a free kick which went narrowly wide but on 14 minutes Bashley went ahead as they took complete advantage of some sloppy Fareham defending and Dan Munday was able to run straight through the middle of Town’s defence to put Bashley 1-0 up.

On 21 minutes and Bashley doubled their advantage when defender Brad Strickland latched onto a corner kick and to volley the ball into the centre of the goal with Town Keeper Luke Douglas looking stranded and shouting out to his defensive backline. Whilst a clever free kick, where oh where were Town’s markers in allowing him a free shot from the edge of the box?

Four minutes later and Fareham had a chance to get back into the game when Simm whipped a cross in and the ball found Hardy but his header was placed straight into the hands of the Bashley keeper, Edgar

On 39 minutes Fareham were awarded a free kick and defender Jay Eames tried his luck but blazed his effort way over the bar.

Two minutes later the visitors Bashley nearly went 3-0 up when Fareham's defence was once again all over the place and Douglas in the Fareham goal did exceptionally well to tip over a looped effort from Amison.

HT Fareham Town 0 Bashley 2

Whilst Town were working a lot harder than in the first half, they made little headroom against the visitors and on 64 minutes Douglas made another brilliant low diving save to deny Morris and Bashley their third goal of the match and it was that man Douglas again on 75 minutes making another brilliant low diving save to deny White.

Fareham had a chance on 83 minutes when forward Gary Austin struck a shot from just outside the box but the ball was blocked and hit way over the bar.

Shortly afterwards a Pittman free kick summed up Towns performance managing to beat both the net in the goalposts and that against the wall behind it and the ball was last seen making its 2nd orbit around the dark side of the moon.

Deep into injury time Fareham both grabbed a consolation goal and a player sent off. When Captain Josh Holmes whipped in a corner and the ball reached Curt Robbins and he volleyed the ball in from close range to make the score 1-2 and some minutes later Holmes was sent off for a second yellow.

FT Fareham Town 1 Bashley 2


Fareham Town: Douglas GK, Eames, Jones, Davis, Pittman, Hardy, Simm, Holmes (Captain), Austin, Robbins, Tattersall

Subs: Yokota, Andrews, Laycock