Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 3 - 0 Alresford Town

Home | 02 December 2017 | Attendance: 81
Fareham Town maintained their unbeaten run and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners at Cams Alders against Alresford Town.

It really was an excellent all round team performance from Pete Stiles side.

It didn't take long for Fareham to open the scoring on 5 minutes when winger Ashley Tattersall unleashed a sensational volley just outside the box and the ball flew low into the bottom right hand corner of the goal giving Alresford keeper Daniel Kempson no chance.

Fareham nearly made it 2-0 on 8 minutes when forward Scott Hamilton struck a long range driving low shot which flew narrowly wide of the Alresford goal.

The Creeksiders had another chance to score on 28 minutes when a brilliant corner kick from winger Matt Simm had picked out defender Craig Hardy just outside the box but he skied his effort over the bar. However two minutes later and the Creeksiders doubled their advantage to make it 2-0 when the Alresford left back couldn't handle the pacey and skillful Simm and he whipped in a low fizzing cross and an Alresford defender forced Kempson into some calamitious goalkeeping and there was Hamilton to capitalise and to slot the ball in the net from a tight angle into the low left hand corner of the goal. His 13th goal for the Creeksiders.

Ethan Jones tried his luck to make it 3-0 for Fareham on 34 minutes when from a free kick he attempted a cross shot and the ball was travelling and Kempson had to be alert he collected the ball into his hands.

Just before half time Fareham created another chance when Simm produced another good corner kick and found Hardy but his headed effort was blocked down by a Alresford defender.

HT Fareham Town 2 Alresford Town 0

On 46 minutes Fareham had another chance to get their third goal of the match when Simm was causing havoc on the right wing and the Alresford left back and he found some space in the box and his low driving shot sailed narrowly wide of the Alresford goal.

On 53 minutes the visitors Alresford were reduced to ten men as forward Ben White received his second yellow card of the match. Two minutes later and Fareham made their first substitution of the match Jay Eames coming off and to be replaced by the debutant and new signing Marc Anderson.

On 58 minutes Hamilton almost doubled his goal tally of the match but his volleyed effort was blocked down by the Alresford defence.

Fareham made their second substitution of the match on 67 minutes Hamilton coming off to be applauded by the Creeksiders supporters and he was replaced by Bradley Silvester making his debut for the first team having been successful in the reserve team.

On 83 minutes Fareham made their third and last substituion of the match Sammy Kessack coming off and his place was taken up by Leigh Shadbolt.

Deep into injury time on 95 minutes Fareham got their third goal of the match to put the gloss on a magnificent performance from the Creeksiders when Tattersall played a lovely through ball pass to Simm and he managed to burst into the box and to place the ball beyond Kempson and into the bottom right hand corner of the goal his first league goal for the club and his 2nd goal of the season a player who has progessed through the ranks at Fareham Town since the age of 9.

FT Fareham Town 3 Alresford Town 0

Match Report by Joseph Brown


Fareham Town: Douglas GK, Jones, Yokota, Davis, Benjamin, Hardy (Captain), Simm, Eames, Hamilton, Kessack, Tattersall

Subs Used: Anderson, Silvester, Shadbolt