Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 3 - 2 Horndean

Away | 06 March 2018 | Attendance: 54
In a battling performance in a local derby away against Horndean the Creeksiders ran out victorious 3-2 winners. Thanks to a 93rd minute injury time winner from Gary Austin, producing a magnificent comeback having been 2-1 down in the match.

Towns first chance came on 11 minutes into the match Fareham almost went in front when the ball reached Austin in the box but his low shot at goal flashed wide of the Horndean goal. On 23 minutes Tattersall struck an excellent long range strike which just flew wide of the left hand side of the Horndean goal. 31 minutes and Town created another chance when Hamilton whipped in a fizzing cross in the air and the ball reached Austin but his header went straight into the keeper's hands.

But it was the hosts Horndean who opened the scoring on 34 minutes when from a corner kick the ball reached Howes and his free header was placed beyond the reach of keeper Douglas.

The lead only lasted 7 minutes though and Town were soon back on level terms when a cross from Austin was inexplicably missed by Town old boy Benny Reed and reached Tattersall and his effort was smashed straight into the top right hand corner of the goal.

HT Horndean 1 Fareham Town 1

Town had an early chance from almost nothing when Sweeney’s curling cross had to be pushed away by the frantically back pedalling Thomas in the home goal. Town’s substitute keeper Harding who came on at half time for the ill Douglas then made a fantastic double save.

On 57 minutes and Town, and in particular Robbie Pittman committed suicide by punching away a corner leaving the referee no choice but to point to the spot and Everett calmly slotted it home.

Horndean had their tails up and looked for a killer 3rd but Town were dogged and resolute and kept clear cut chances to a minimum and with 79 minutes on the clock and Fareham were awarded a penalty kick of their own as the ball was handled by a Horndean player from Austins effort and up stepped Robbins from the penalty spot and he calmly tucked the ball in the right hand corner for Fareham's 2nd equaliser of the match.

Then soon after Fareham nearly scored again when Davis found some space in the box but he just placed his effort over the bar.

Deep into injury time on 93 minutes and the Creeksiders had the last laugh of the match as Castles free kick curled into Thomas’s hands but he let the ball slip through and there was Austin who poked the ball home for his first goal since rejoining Fareham Town and to send back home some very happy and jubilant Creeksiders fans.

FT Horndean 2-3 Fareham Town


Fareham Town: Douglas GK, Castles, Yokata, Davis, Pittman, Hardy, Sweeney, Robbins, Austin, Tattersall, Hamilton

Subs: Harding GK, Simm, Kessack

Man Of The Match: George Davis

My View On The Match: A very good entertaining game of Wessex League football end to end action all the way through the match. We showed great character at 2-1 down to comeback 3-2 winners Pete's management and playing staff can be very proud of his teams performance tonight. FAREHAM TILL I DIE!!