Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 1 - 3 Tadley Calleva

Away | 04 August 2018 | Attendance: 104
Making our first ever visit to Barlows Park, the visiting Creeksiders suffered an opening day 3-1 defeat against freshly promoted Tadley Calleva

Fareham got off to the best possible start when just 54 seconds in Laycock got his head on the end of Mckie's lovely cross to put Town top of the league with possibly the quickest goal in the Premier Division this season.

Tadley hit back quickly afterwards and a combination of Hook and Benjamin managed to crowd out Amadeiu as he was about to shoot. Shortly after an effort from Vickers hit the top of the Town crossbar.

Laycock tried to double his and Town's advantage on 22 minutes when Mckie whipped in another cross only this time the Tadley keeper tipped the ball over the bar.
Austin had two chances in the space of two minutes for Fareham his first was a low shot which flew narrowly wide of the Tadley goal his second effort was a sweetly struck effort from just outside the box and the ball struck the top of the cross bar.

HT Tadley Calleva 0 Fareham Town 1

After the game one of our supporters text those not at the game that Town stayed in the changing rooms at half time, but that was incorrect as Town decided to decamp under the shade of the trees at the far end for the ht team talk, but this attempt at gallows humour was as good as it got for Town.

The hosts almost equalised on 50 minutes when Dallimores header thumped onto the crossbar much to the relief of Towns defence.

That relief was short lived and Town can only have themselves to blame, turning into trouble and 2 Tadley attackers and Denham’s low cross was turned in by Hamilton. If Town thought they were under pressure beforehand, the next 5 minutes or so was like the Alamo as the post, frantic clearances and Hook in Town’s goal kept the scores level but there was little he could do after a bout of aerial ping pong from a corner, Denham was able to finally head home and put the hosts ahead.

Town were a shade of their selves by this stage and bar an effort from Austin from a Simm cross ruled out as the ball had already crossed the by-line rarely looked like getting back into the game and it was the hosts who continued to look the more likely scorers and right at the end, Hamilton forced the ball home after another goalmouth scramble.

FT Tadley Calleva 3 Fareham Town 1


Hook,Ed Plackett, Delon, Lewis Plackett, Benjamin, Moody, Mckie, Saidy, Laycock, Austin, Tattersall

Subs: Simm, May, Jatta

Afterwards Pete Stiles pulled no punches when apologising to supporters on their Facebook page. “we need to apologise to our supporters for that today it simply was no where near good enough. " "Lots of new faces trying to gel takes time, very hot I get that, but it still fell well short of what’s expected. You the supporters know that so do me and Terry but most importantly the players know it, they have even imposed a fine on themselves."

"All that said I still believe we have a great squad of players this season and I’m confident they will come through. We need to start that Tuesday , thanks again for your wonderful support."