Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 1 - 4 Horndean

Home | 06 October 2018 | Attendance: 88
Fareham Town's unbeaten league run came to an end with a 4-1 home defeat against near neighbours Horndean at Cams Alders and Town ended the game with 10 men with Jatta being sent off. Town weren’t helped by having both Ethan Jones and Jon May pull out in the warm up with injuries, meaning a start for Eliot Roberts. Town were also not helped when Bobby Scott failed to arrive.

The Creeksiders went ahead 15 minutes into the match when an excellent cross from Jatta reached Austin and his shot was placed beautifully into the right hand corner giving the Horndean keeper no chance and put Fareham 1-0 up.

Ten minutes later Horndean tried to equalise but Jackson blasted way wide of Harding in the Fareham goal. Robbins attempted a shot outside the box but his effort was blocked by a Horndean defender.

On 34 minutes the visitors Horndean tried to level the scoring but Jackson could only find the side netting. A minute later Fareham tried to double their advantage when Hamilton struck a shot but once again was blocked by a Horndean player. Two minutes later Horndean almost scored when Lis struck a curling effort just outside the box which smacked the top of the crossbar much to the relief of Harding. Two minutes later Harding made two brilliant saves when Jackson had both chances and both saved by Harding to keep the Creeksiders lead intact.

Just before half time on 44 minutes Fareham tried to grab a second goal when Robbins was through on goal and his effort forced Casey into tipping it over for a corner kick.

HT Fareham Town 1 Horndean 0

12 minutes the restart Horndean equalised when Duffin was allowed time and space to turn and strike a curling shot into the bottom left hand corner. Then two minutes the game swung decisively in Horndeans favour when Latta was shown a straight red card and retaliating after being slung into the ground. Almost immediately, Horndean went 2-1 ahead when a through ball found Jackson in space in the box and he rounded Harding to place the ball in the centre of an empty net. Horndean went 3-1 ahead on 77 minutes when Everett latched onto a cross which bounced up over Benjamin, and slotted the ball into the left hand corner of the net.

The Creeksiders attempted to get a goal back when a cross into the box from substitute Tigwell reached the feet of Tattersall but his effort was volleyed well wide of the target. Then a minute later Horndean number 2 skied his effort way over the bar. Four minutes later Hamilton tried his luck for the Creeksiders but his low shot was placed straight the hands of the Horndean keeper. On 87 minutes Horndean piled more misery on Fareham Town when Duffin latched onto a cross to tap the ball into the net to make the final score 1-4.

FT Fareham Town 1 Horndean 4


Fareham Town:

Harding GK, Roberts, Moody, Capper, Benjamin, Hardy, Jatta, Robbins, Austin (Captain), Hamilton, Tattersall

Sub: Tigwell