Fareham Town
Fareham Town
The Creeksiders

Fareham Town FC 3 - 2 Hallen

Away | 01 September 2018 | Attendance: 48
Fareham Town successfully progressed through to the next round of the FA Vase thanks to a 3-2 win at Gloucestershire based Hallen. The win was all the more admirable following a nightmare journey which saw a journey time of 2 hours take just over 4 hours thanks to delays on the M4 and the air conditioning on the coach failed with temperatures inside hitting 30 degrees.

On 10 minutesThe hosts Hallen took the lead and went 1-0 thanks to a header from Charman who latched onto a cross and looped his header over Harding. Their lead was shortlived though as the Creeksiders equalised a minute after the restart when Settle played a lovely lobbed pass which found Austin who placed his low finish in the left corner pass the Hallen keeper.

Three minutes Fareham went 2-1 up Tattersall whipped in a sublime cross which picked out Kamara and he smashed the ball into the net from close range. Four later Tattersall blasted a shot wide. Settle had a chance from outside the box but his effort drifted wide then afterwards Hallen equalised just before the half time whistle when Mills struck a free kick making the score 2-2. There was still plenty of time for controversy to anger both clubs. Firstly Ed Placketts free kick struck the arm of the Hallen defender in the wall, The only person not to see it was the man that matters and he was to upset the hosts shortly after when a tackle by Settle was only shown a yellow card with many expecting a red to be flourished.

HT Hallen 2 Fareham Town 2

On 49 minutes, Creeksiders restored the lead from a set piece free kick from Settle which picked out Moody who was ghosting in at the back post to place the ball into the top right corner and to score his first goal for the club, making the score 3-2.

Town then took control of the game and on 61 minutes substitute Scotts low shot forced the keeper into diving save. 2 minutes later Jatta darted into the penalty area and his low shot struck the right hand post and away, Five minutes later Scott blasted wide.

On 86 minutes Moody had two chances in the space of a minute for Fareham his first header forced the Hallen keeper into a world class save clawing the ball from behind him in the top corner then his second header was placed wide from a corner kick. A minute later Austin blasted wide.

There was still time for Town to finish the game with 10 men, when Jatta was shown his 2nd yellow card.

FT Hallen 2 Fareham Town 3

Fareham Town:

Harding GK, May, Moody, Benjamin, Capper, Settle, E.Plackett, Tattersall, L.Plackett, Austin (Captain), Kamara

Subs: Jatta, Scott, Robbins